Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fly Tying


Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies. Having grown up in West Virginia, it's not uncommon for me to go to a creek, lake, river, or pond, cast a line out and fish the day away. Many of my favorite memories are of my dad and I fishing on the banks of the Mud River or camping with my family at Beach Fork and having our usual fishing competitions. I can hear my Uncle Dale now lying about the size of his fish! Even though I have gone fishing countless times with my rod and reel, I have not however been fly fishing. I've always wanted to go and I plan on going this summer. One thing that amazes me about fly fishing are the types of lures. One thing I learned when making these lures is how they are each individualy hand made. I couldn't believe the complex work and the amount of time that goes into making a fishing lure.

1 comment:

  1. Darin loves to fly fish..He said to make him some beaded black wooly buggers!

    ReplyDelete