Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cheese Anyone??


Let me start by saying cheese is possibly one of my favorite foods on this earth. I eat cheese on EVERYTHING! So when I heard we were going to be making our own cheese I got very excited. We were going to make our own Queso Blanco Cheese. We started off by mixing skim milk, cream, and vinegar in a mixing bowl. We then microwaved the mixture until it started to boil. We then took the mixture out of the microwave and poured it into a pillow case. Yes, I said a pillow case. The pillow case was used to seperate the curds from the whey. They whey drips out of the pillow case into a bucket, while the curds of cheese remain in the pillow case. Once this step is completes, scoop out the curds from inside the pillow case, add a little salt, and there's your cheese. It was soooo delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment