Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blankets for Baby's


Today we added the sewing machine as one of our many skills we've learned during this class. I had never used a sewing machine before, though I've always watched my mawmaw use one. At first, it was confusing just learning how to thread the machine, but the actual sewing was a piece of cake. We decided to take our sewing skills past sewing little pieces of cloth together. We decided to make baby blankets for children in China who are suffering from the col of the winter months because their families cannot provide them with one. It feels good knowing I did something that's going to provide comfort to a child.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great project! By the way, your dad took sewing (home ec) in junior high. He made a blue jean jacket and could sew really good. It's hard to make a jacket. Sleeves are not easy. I wonder if he even remembers that.

    ReplyDelete